Sunday, January 8, 2017

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

My Watchmen and Wolverine podcasts received a surprising number of downloads, some of which were by people I don't already know, so I'll go ahead and declare it a strong start! Next Wednesday, check back for an episode about Superman: Red Son, a favorite of mine and maybe-possibly the last truly great DC Comics Elseworlds story. My goal is to drop one of these a week, and hopefully improve the quality over time as I figure out how this whole "recording audio" thing is done.

Watch (or listen to) me crawl before I can walk every Wednesday on Back Issue Diving.



As for the blog content side of things . . .

As I mentioned before, I'm going to fold all of my previous blogs into this one for the sake of simplicity, so expect the kind of pro wrestling content you could previously find on Work/Shoot to be cropping up here as we head toward the Royal Rumble later this month. The same can be said for all of my video game nostalgia I used to post at Age of Mega and Batman writing from Gotham Animated. I also want to throw out some love for the Power Rangers franchise since they have a movie coming later this year and do at least a little more writing about tabletop RPGs and card games, so this little blog is going to be a bit eclectic going forward.

Of course, the name of this blog, Back Issue Diving, implies comic history, but it's become something more. It's going to be an oasis for all of my nostalgia and a place where I can dig in and figure out why these not-so-important bits of pop culture are oh-so-important to me. It's a wank. It's a lark. It's more noise and misinformation on the already cluttered shelves of cyberspace, but it comes from a place of love so I hope that makes it okay!

Long story short: expect articles about comics, wrestling, video games, and all manner of dorky things here. And a podcast or three.

Thanks for reading! I'm vulnerable to attack on Twitter @ChrisBComics

No comments:

Post a Comment